A rather large list of DLC for two of Rockstar’s games, Max Payne 3 and L.A. Noire, are now free to those who already own the games on PC.
Title updates for both Max Payne 3 and L.A. Noire will reveal the DLC to players so they find it in-game next time they boot up either game. The content arrived after both games, as well as other Rockstar games, were removed from Steam (spotted by PC Gamer). These updates also removed support for 32-bit operating systems, although this shouldn’t be a problem for modern computers.
Although it’s great to get content for Rockstar titles, there are not many players to enjoy them. According to Steamcharts, Max Payne 3’s peak player count over the past 30 days is 768, with an average of just 300. L.A. Noire has only slightly more players, reaching a peak of 842 players and averaging at 323 over the same period.
All of Max Payne 3’s DLC is for the multiplayer side of the game, so it will likely be difficult really try out all the free content with how low the player count is. However, with the free DLC, you might get some people hopping back on to just check it all out.
You can check out the full list of DLCs for both games below:
Max Payne 3
- Max Payne 3: Deathmatch Made in Heaven Pack
- Max Payne 3: Painful Memories Pack
- Max Payne 3: Hostage Negotiation Pack
- Max Payne 3: Local Justice Pack
- Max Payne 3: Silent Killer Loadout Pack
- Max Payne 3: Cemetery Map
- Max Payne 3: Special Edition Pack
- Max Payne 3: Deadly Force Burst
- Max Payne 3: Pill Bottle Item
- Max Payne 3: Classic Max Payne Character
- The Broderick Detective Suit
- The Sharpshooter Detective Suit
- The Badge Pursuit Challenge & Button Man Suit
- “The Naked City” Vice Case
- “A Slip of the Tongue” Traffic Case
- “Nicholson Electroplating” Arson Case
- “Reefer Madness” Vice Case
- “The Consul’s Car” Traffic Case