Anyone who has played on an Ark official server would know the trials of having to play on them. If Wildcard wants their dated release on August 8th to actually matter, they should wipe the slate clean for any new players that will show up.
- Crowded Servers — Most servers are full on capacity with just the number of players it can hold, which is 75. Even if these players are not on all at the same time they, the numbers can get pretty high during busy times of the day. When I was playing on official servers, we were hitting 60–65 players on a regular basis who would be on for a majority of the day.
- Too Many Dinosaurs — With so many players on one server, you also run into the problem of too many dinosaurs. Not only does this cause lag, but players often hit their cap and have to resort to killing, giving away, or letting them roam around freely. It’s not just the tribes that hit their cap limits, but the entire server as well. Tons have reported reaching a server wide dino limit (yes that is possible).
- Land Claims and Buildings Everywhere — Everyone who has played knows the struggle of land claiming. Someone would pillar (which is now setting down foundations) to claim land around their base to keep other players from building near them. Anyone who already has an established tribe with multiple buildings that serve for every purpose needed in the game, you are talking 5 or more per tribe. This is means 375 buildings around the map, along with walls to hold the dinos, and any various traps people use for other players and dinosaurs.
- Adding New Clusters Wouldn’t Work — New server clusters won’t solve any problems, because original or “OG” tribes will just go to the new clusters and set up shop. They’ll claim land on the new servers, keeping new players out, while still maintaining the old servers they have been working on.
- Duping is a Real Problem — Although duping will not be solved when wiping the servers, as it is a problem that needs to be solved by Wildcard, it will force them to restart the process all over again. Maybe giving new players a chance to experience the game before the dupers ruin it for them.
For these reasons alone, any new players who would join in August at Ark’s official launch, would have an awful time and it would ruin their experience. The problems with space, not just with players but dinos too, is one of the biggest problems. New players have no space to build, grow, and progress. The servers need to be wiped if Wildcard wants to give any fair chance to new players. I say empty the official servers for all on August 8th, 2017!