Iron Banner is coming back again this month, starting right at the end and coming into the beginning of March. There is some new loot to possibly obtain during the week long event. This is the first Iron Banner event since the big Hotfix 22.214.171.124.
Iron Banner will be running from February 28th, 10 a.m. PST to March 7th, 1 a.m. PST. The game mode is Supremacy. For this Iron Banner the two weapons you can possibly get to drop, are a sniper rifle and a hand cannon. No names of course, but you can see them below:
The armor for the Hunter, Titan, and the Warlock consists of a helmet and a pair of boots:
Some changes were also mentioned as being in testing, since it seems the team felt the latest hotfix actually broke more than it fixed. They mentioned some of what they were working on, which I have listed below:
1. Sidearms: In a not-entirely-shocking development, the Sidearm meta has grown strong. With its innate ability to not only keep ammo through death, but to also actually store it away, Scrooge McDuck style, it’s the ultimate gift for anyone who’s always running out. For now. We are currently working on a change that would allow Sidearms to continue to spawn with a small set amount of ammo post-death, but keep them from stacking anything extra. They’ll be handy if you run into resistance on your way to the ammo crate, but to keep your Sidearm usage high, you’ll still need to stock up often.
2. Memory of Skorri: This Artifact has led to some of the greatest dance parties I’ve ever attended in Destiny. That being said, aside from encouraging these sort of team building events, the artifact itself tends to inspire a more lackadaisical approach to gameplay. Instead of continuing to encourage you to hurry up and wait on a Super, we are looking at modifying Skorri to motivate some activity. The change currently in testing requires a kill to jumpstart Skorri’s unique ability for the next minute. Once it times out, you’ll need another kill to jumpstart it again. We believe you won’t have any problems killing one enemy every 60 seconds for maximum uptime in PVE, but Trials may offer a greater challenge.
3. Truth: While I think Truth’s strength is its unique ability to find its target, clearly having more rockets is always better and losing a loaded rocket is — understandably — a heavy loss to many players. To make this a little bit easier to deal with, we are looking into adding one additional rocket into your backpack AND bumping Truth to the max Rocket Launcher reload speed.
4. No Land Beyond: Much like the recent rise of Sidearms, NLB is showing up more and more. Ultimately, we would never want to destroy NLB’s Exoticness, meaning we would never move it from the Primary slot or change it from being a Sniper. On the contrary, we’ve found a potential workaround for making NLB flinch like the Sniper Rifle it is. This one will require a good amount of testing, but we think it’s a good change. Keep your shooting clean and you’ll still pop heads like nothing ever changed… But falling behind in a head-to-head primary fight will likely be a death sentence.
5. Blink: As you know, we’ve nerfed Blink a few times over the years. While we’re happy with the latest changes, we believe that the stack of nerfs has grown too high. To counter this, we are looking into removing the old Recovery nerf entirely. Additionally, we’re looking at pulling back the time that you’re HUDless by just a bit.