Today on the Assassin’s Creed subreddit an image of the next game in the series was leaked. The game is supposedly called Assassin’s Creed: Origins and will take place in Egypt.
The image itself depicts a man with a shield on his back along with a bow and arrows as he stands on a sailing boat. In game text states to “Assassinate the Crocodile” and the current object is to “Follow Shadya to Khenut’s villa”. Both of the names are Egyptian and one is likely referring to the wife of King Unas.
All of this information is supported by a report from WWG earlier on the 6th of May and Kotaku in 2016. Eurogamer has also stated that the image is real and the game will indeed take place in Egypt.
More information on Assassin’s Creed: Origins has leaked however the validity of the information is only backed by the word of anonymous users or other gaming websites. Reddit user “ummmlolwtf” has complied the most recent information from the original reddit user who leaked the image.
- The AC4 team is working on this. Ashraf Ismail is likely the game director and Darby McDevitt is likely the main writer.
- Ancient Egypt, supposedly in the Fifth Dynasty of the Old Kingdom (2494 to 2345 BC) if we go by the recent picture leak.
- The character has a shield, a spear and a bow.
- The game will feature naval gameplay (not naval combat though) and horse gameplay. Mirages are likely a part of the game as well.
- Someone in the game will be called “The Crocodile”
- There will be smaller gameplay segments taking place in the same setting but different time periods. Perhaps this will be the modern day segments? Darby did say a long time ago the best way to do modern day is to reuse the historical assets in a modern context, akin to Brotherhood.
- Interiors are in the game (not surprising obviously)
- Combat is supposedly ‘freeform’, similar to Witcher 3. In fact the game itself has a ‘witcher’ feel to it.
- The world is seamless. You can go from water to land to city without a loading screen.
- Ubi will start their marketing campaign by the end of this month, with a full reveal at E3, including cinematic and gameplay trailers and gameplay demos.
- Desmond Miles will NOT be in the game.
- There will be a controllable pet eagle. I imagine this will be an interactive version of eagle vision.
- The game is roughly 3 times the size of AC4.
- Will likely release in October.
- Said to be very colourful, as evident somewhat in the picture.
- The game features Khenut, the Queen of Egypt during the Fifth Dynasty of the Old Kingdom, and is the wife of King Unas.
- The game will release on PS4, Xbox One and PC. It will NOT release on the Nintendo Switch
There is some conflicting information and information not include here from WWG. They state that “Naval combat, naturally, is also said to be included” however the reddit user says there will not be naval combat. WWG also states that the game will take place in Egypt, but will “go beyond it — possibly even as far as Greece”. The story is said to center around the origin Assassin’s guild and will have a man and a woman as the protagonists. Progression will not be directly tied to story either; instead the progression system will resemble Skyrim.
None of this information has been officially confirmed by Ubisoft. If current trends remain true then Ubisoft will likely confirm Assassin’s Creed: Origins existence and reveal more during E3.