A new update has arrived to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II and Warzone 2.0 today, January 30th. It addresses several crashing issues and bugs plaguing multiplayer, battle royale, and the DMZ. You can check out the full patch notes below, with the biggest changes being highlighted in the article.
One of the specific stability issues that was fixed dealt with a bug that was causing some players to crash when dismissing a notification. It also addressed an issued that caused some players to have difficulty entering and leaving the Firing Range. Additionally, the Gunsmith saw a fix for an issue that was kicking players back to the main menu while creating a custom knife loadout.
Navigation and menu improvements were also included, along with numerous fixes to the Social menu. It received improved functionality, a UI text overlap issue fix, and correcting Calling Card previews.
Warzone 2 and DMZ specific updates are also included, with a fix for a bug that was causing players to sometimes lose movement when deploying a Recon Drone near water. Multiple issues impacting the ability to equip and preview insured weapons in the DMZ is has been taken care of.
You can see the full patch notes below, as shared by Activision. This update comes ahead of the Season 2 update, which was delayed by two weeks to give the developers more time to implement adjustments.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II Patch Notes — January 30th, 2023
- This update contains several fixes to reduce the number of known crashes. We continue to prioritize increased stability and crash fixes across all platforms.
- Fixed an issue that showed Weapon Decals and Stickers as blocked.
- Fixed an issue where using Spotter Scope could cause target markers to persist when aimed down sights with a Weapon.
- Fixed an issue allowing the Sentry Gun to be placed inside a tank to eliminate enemies.
- Fixed an issue where Gun Screens weren’t showing correctly on the Gunsmith UI tile.
- Fixed an issue in the Gunsmith where Players could be kicked back to the main menu when creating a custom knife.
- Fixed an issue in Gunsmith that could cause knife variants to display incorrectly.
- Fixed an issue that prevented some Players from saving a custom mod while trying to select a Camo.
- Fixed an issue causing some Players to crash when dismissing a notification.
- Fixed some issues Players were having with accessing and leaving the Firing Range.
- Addressed various issues with the Social menu to improve navigation and functionality.
- Fixed an issue preventing some users from navigating through the Friends/Recent tab after scrolling over the top row.
- Fixed an issue where Calling Card previews are not displaying correctly in the challenge completion animation.
- Fixed a UI issue causing text overlap in the After Action Report.
- Fixed an issue where deploying a Recon Drone near water could cause some Players to lose movement.
- Fixed an issue causing the Rewards section of the Faction Mission menu to display incorrectly.
- Addressed a number of issues impacting the functionality and navigation of equipping and previewing Insured Weapons.
- Fixed an issue where Players could not access Gunsmith to change camos when equipping a Launcher in an Insured Weapon slot.