Iron Gate has released another patch for Valheim today, which made several changes across several aspects of the game. One of these was a fix for a loophole that players discovered involving greydwarves.
The new patch also changes campfires, bonfires, and the hearth so they take damage while dealing damage. This means you’ll need to repair fires manually to rekindle them instead of having them run infinitely.
According to Eurogamer, who checked out the game right after the patch, found that, “After standing in my campfire for a few seconds I noticed it had dropped half its health. Hearths fare a little better, but still only last a few minutes. So it’s safe to say the toaster method is now far less practical than it once was, and you can’t just leave it running while you do some chores.”
The rest of the patch notes include numerous bug fixes and improvements, including night wolves that are easier to tame, the battle axe made easier to hit multiple elements and improved drop rates for Drake and Deathsquito trophies. Additionally, you can’t use harpoons on bosses anymore, and all boss drops can now float on water.
You can see the full patch notes below, which were posted on by Iron Gate on Valheim’s Steam page. If you have a private server, you’ll also need to update your server.
Valheim March 23 Patch Notes
- Campfire,Bonfire & hearth take damage when dealing damage
- Reinforced chest inventory space increased to 6x4
- All boss drops can now float on water
- Sunken crypt entrance tweaked (to stop tombstones from getting stuck)
- Fixed rotation of Wood tower shield on item stands
- Deathsquito & Drake trophy drop rate increased
- 1 & 2 Star creature HP fix
- Night-spawning wolves should be easier to tame now (should stop trying to run away & despawn after starting to tame)
- Harpoon does not work on bosses anymore
- In-game console disabled by default (add launch argument “-console” to enable)
- The console command for enabling developer/debug commands has been changed to “devcommands” from “imacheater” and a warning message has been added.
- Improved enemy projectile reaction system
- Battle axe tweaks (hits multiple enemies easier)
- Player knockback force is affected by equipment speed modifiers (IE heavy gear will reduce the knockback from enemies)
- Blackforest stone tower tweaks
- Ward system fixes (You can no longer place a new ward where an enemy ward overlaps)
- Comfort calculation fixed
- “Failed to connect” error message fixed
- Serpent trophy stack fix
- Missing Moder spawn location in some worlds fixed (NOTE: For existing worlds “genloc” command needs to be run manually in a local game with dev commands enabled to generate new locations, this is only needed if your specific world has this issue, this is not very common)
- Megingjord item-collider fix
- Added a slight use-delay on Hammer, Hoe & Cultivator
- Hammer remove auto-repeat added
- Better network bandwidth handling (should work better on low bandwidth connections & also use higher data rate if possible)
- Dolmen location fixes (Stop top stone from falling for no reason)
- Fixed removing item from item-stand not always syncing item stats
- Server list refresh button can be pressed before the entire list has been downloaded
- Better bad connection detection
- Fixed issue causing server to send more data the longer a client was connected
- Localization updates