It’s Star Wars Day and to celebrate the yearly occasion, NPD Group analyst Mat Piscatella has released a chart of the top-selling and highest-earning Star Wars games in the US.
The chart shows the best-selling titles based on dollars sales from January 1995 up through March 2021. According to this list, EA’s Star Wars: Battlefront is the top-selling Star Wars game in US history during the tracked period. This was followed by EA’s Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order in second, then Star Wars: Battlefront II in third. LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga is fourth, with Star Wars: The Force Unleashed rounding out the top five.
Seeing the success that EA’s games have had, it’s reasonable to understand why EA and Disney are staying in business for additional Star Wars titles. Of course, EA no longer has exclusive rights for console games, as Lucasfilm is now working with Ubisoft on a new Star Wars open-world game from the devs of The Division.
It’s also been rumored that Aspyr is making a Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic remake.
You can check out the full list of best-selling Star Wars games, below:
Top 10 Best-Selling Star Wars Games In The US
- Star Wars: Battlefront (2015)
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order
- Star Wars: Battlefront II (2017)
- LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga
- Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
- Star Wars: Battlefront II (2005)
- LEGO Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy
- LEGO Star Wars
- Star Wars: Battlefront (2004)
- Star Wars: Shadow of the Empire