PlayStation walked away with a number of awards at this year’s BAFTA Games Awards, with Housemarque’s Returnal winning best game.
Additionally, Insomniac’s Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart came home with awards for best animation and technical achievement. Returnal also grabbed top prize for audio achievement, music, and best performer for Jane Perry’s portrayal of Selene.
Hazelight’s It Takes Two received awards for best original property and best multiplayer game, while No Man’s Sky earned the achievement of best evolving game. Unpacking also saw a couple of award, one for the public’s game of the year and best narrative.
Returnal launched last year for the PS5, earning critical acclaim from a number of gaming outlets for its dark themes and challenging gameplay. Currently, the game has expanded with the–quite large–Ascension update.
You can check out the full list of BAFTA Games Awards winners below:
BAFTA Games Awards 2022
- Best Game: Returnal
- Best Narrative: Unpacking
- Best British Game: Forza Horizon 5
- Best Evolving Game: No Man’s Sky
- Best Debut Game: Toem
- Best Multiplayer Game: It Takes Two
- Best Game Design: Inscryption
- Best Animation: Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart
- Best Performer in a Leading Role: Jane Perry (Selene Vassos, Returnal)
- Best Performer in a Supporting Role: Kimberly Brooks (Hollis Forsythe, Psychonauts 2)
- Best Family Game: Chicory: A Colorful Tale
- Best Orignial Property: Unpacking
- Audio Achievement: Returnal
- Music: Returnal
- Game Beyond Entertainment: Before Your Eyes
- Technical Achievement: Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart
- Artistic Achievement: The Artful Escape