Returnal has another patch, version 1.3.7, that is releasing tomorrow as announced by developer Housemarque. This patch should clean up some of the game’s remaining crashing errors, as well as fix that will make things easier on your ears.
Housemarque posted these patch notes on their website, saying it includes “multiple fixes for rare crashes during gameplay,” although it didn’t specify what was causing the crashes to begin with. I’ve personally experienced crashes myself, ruining cycle and leaving me frustrated. Even if it was extremely rare.
The rare audio glitch that was “causing loud noises during combat” has also seen a fix. This bug was would cause a rather loud screeching sound, which would only ever came through the TV speakers. I experienced this only once, but never when using the Pulse headset.
Other issues that have been fixed include a black screen during credits or gameplay, problems with Deceased Scouts, getting stuck in certain rooms and more.
Patch 1.3.7 goes live on May 20th at 4 AM PT / 7 AM ET. You can check out the full patch notes below:
Patch 1.3.7 Notes:
- Fixed an issue with Deceased Scouts not appearing as often as intended.
- After having one of their Deceased Scout corpses scavenged, players will no longer receive a negative-effect parasite on startup. Fixed an issue where the Ophion boss might disappear after a player uses the Reconstructor during the fight.
- Fixed a rare audio bug causing loud noises during combat.
- Fixed a small number of issues where players might become stuck in various rooms.
- Fixed several issues where the player might encounter a black screen during the credits or whilst playing.
- Multiple fixes for rare crashes during gameplay.