Sony revealed a new SCUF controller, which is officially licensed for the PS4. Its named the SCUF Vantage and there are currently two versions which will be available sometime this summer.
It looks like many SCUF controllers on the market, but according to Sony, it was “built from the ground up for PlayStation 4.” It incorporates “unique features”:
- Side-mounted right and left ‘Sax’ buttons – designed to fit the natural placement of a player’s fingers and provide additional configurability
- Removable faceplate – makes it easy to change thumb sticks & personalize the controller
- Advanced audio control for wired connection – a simple swipe of the audio touch bar adjusts the volume while players can keep their hands on the controller
- Removable vibration modules – players can reduce the weight of the controller and lessen hand fatigue
It’s also fully customizable:
- Paddle control system with four removable back paddles
- A quick-access remapping switch
- Customizable thumb sticks with 3 different heights in either a concave or convex configuration
- Adjustable Hair triggers
- Trigger stops and extenders
- Choice of D‑pads
- Interchangeable magnetic faceplate
You can pre-order a controller now and choose between a wired-only (USB) model for $169.95 USD, or a wireless (Bluetooth)/wired (USB) model for $199.95 USD form scufgaming.com or gamestop.com. However, it was stated that this controller is still currently in development, so some features and functions may differ from the final outcome.