Santa Monica had announced, a little less than a week ago, they would be adding Photo Mode to God of War. Well, Today is that day. Players wondered why it wasn’t part of the game to begin with, but the development team remedied the problem quickly. They also
Photo Mode can be accessed through the Options Menu, or by enabling the Touch Pad Quick Access (which can be enabled via the settings).
Like every other photo mode, the camera is controlled by the sticks. Pressing Square will set the camera back to its original position. There are five tabs in the Photo Mode menu which are customization options:
- Camera: Adjust the Field of View, Focal Length, and Camera Roll.
- Aperture: Adjust the Depth of Field, Focus Distance, and F‑Stop.
- Filters: Adjust the Film Grain, Exposure, Filter, and Filter Intensity options.
- Borders: Add a Vignette and adjust the Vignette Intensity, and Vignette Falloff. This includes a variety of Border styles and the official God of War logo.
- Characters: Toggle the visibility of Kratos, Atreus, and all other characters in the scene. You can also change Kratos’s and Atreus’s facial expressions.
Alongside the photo mode patch 1.20 also increased the UI text size for the menus and an option to allow players to remap Rage Mode.
Lastly, Santa Monica released God of War Stickers for mobile devices. They are free, but are only available for Apple devices right now. Android users will get them soon, but only through the PlayStation Message App.