Pokken Tournament DX will essentially combine content from both the Wii U and Arcade version of Pokken Tournament. This means that all 16 Pokemon from the Wii U along with Darkrai, Scizor, Croagunk, and Empoleon will be playable from the start. There will also be additional Switch exclusive features and content such as the new fighter Decidueye.
Here is the full list of new features
- Play Pokken anytime, anywhere on Nintendo Switch – Play Pokken Tournament DX in TV mode, handheld mode, or share a Joy-Con controller with another Trainer to battle one-on-one in tabletop mode anywhere!
- A brand-new fighter – Decidueye enters the battle, alongside all previous Pokemon from the Wii U and arcade versions.
- New Support Pokemon – Litten and Popplio make their debut to lend their support in battle.
- Team Battle mode – Pick three Pokemon and battle it out to be the first to defeat all your opponent’s Pokémon to win in the new Team Battle mode.
- Group Match mode – Find similar skilled players in battle rooms for intense and fun battles online.
- Daily Challenges – Complete a variety of different daily challenges.
- Watch battle replays – Hone your skills by watching other players’ replays and share your best matches online with the new replay feature.
- Jump straight into battle – All characters and Support Pokemon will be available right from the start of the game.
Naturally the game will be a part of Nintendo’s E3 plans. Pokken Tournament DX will be featured on the Nintendo Treehouse. On June 13 the game will be featured around 9:30am PT and the following two days around 10am PT. There will also be a tournament for the game on June 14th at 10:30am PT.