Capcom revealed what will be included in their huge, free, title update for Monster Hunter: World on PC, Xbox One, and PS4. A new monster will be here in a little over a week, on March 22nd. The rest of the update includes weapon balances and other fixes. This update also prepares players for the Spring Blossom Fest, which will arrive in April.
Deviljho, The World Eater
On March 22nd, Deviljho officially comes to Monster Hunter: World. He is among the Brute Wyverns and will bring 2 complete armor sets—Vangis α and Vangis β. Weapons will also be available each of the 14 existing weapon types, including brand new Deviljho designs for Sword and Shield, Hunting Horn, Bow, Insect Glaive and Charge Blade.
Spring Blossom Fest
This is Monster Hunter: World’s very first seasonal event. It will being April 5th 5pm PT / April 6th 12am GMT and end on April 18th 5pm PT / April 20th 12am GMT. They’ll be decorating the entire Gathering Hub and even issued out new official Guild uniforms to all the staff. There is also a new special platter available.
More information about the Spring Blossom Fest will come soon.
Mega Man & Weapon Design Contest Winner
Players will get tickets to craft the Mega Man voxel style Palico gear and will be available to grab April 13th — April 27th.
Along with Palico gear, players can also grab a weapon from the winner of the community design contest. At the start of the Spring Blossom Fest (April 6th), materials will unlock to craft the Wyvern Ignition Great Sword.
Weapon Balances Update
These changes will come on March 22nd:
- Great Sword: increased the damage for Charged Slash abilities.
- Long Sword: improvements to Foresight Slash input timing and hitbox detection.
- Sword & Shield: Roundslash damage increased and improved slinger usability
- Dual Blades: adjustments to help maintain Demon Gauge active
- Hammer: adjusted the stun values on charged attacks
- Hunting Horn: general attack power increase
- Lance: Counter-thrust adjustment to increase ease of use
- Gunlance: Reduced sharpness loss for shelling, and made some attack power increases
- Switch Axe: Zero Sum Discharge adjustments to increase ease of use
- Charge Blade: balance adjustments to Impact Phial and Power Element Phial
- Insect Glaive: improvements to extract attack power increase and extract effect length
- Bow: fixed various bugs
- Light Bowgun: no adjustments were made
- Heavy Bowgun: no adjustments were made
Additional Game System Changes & Character Edit Voucher
Capcom has heard player feedback and are giving everyone another chance to edit their in-game character again. You can grab the free voucher on the PlayStation Store and Xbox Store, and is a one time use.
- Hunter gender
- Hunter physical appearance (skin tone, features, etc.)
- Hunter cosmetic appearance (hairstyle, facepaint, etc.). Note you can already do these at any time
- Hunter name
- Palico name
- Palico appearance
Capcom also stated there will soon be an option to purchase edit vouchers.
- Attacks from allies no longer interrupt you during the carving animation. Additionally, players are now immune to all hit reactions, including bombs, during carving animations after quest completion.
- Added “Return to Gathering Hub” (single player) and “Disband & Return to Gathering Hub” (multiplayer) to the options for “Select Return Destination” after a quest has been completed.
- Added the “Text Size” setting for changing subtitle text size, under Start Menu > Options Game Settings.
A more detailed version of the upcoming patch notes will be available when the update launches.