As part of Nintendo Direct this September, Nintendo announced the main voice cast and release date for the Super Mario animated movie–in production with Illumination Entertainment. Chris Pratt, Anya Taylor-Joy, Charlie Day, and Jack Black are among the number of actors starring the the film.
The movie (which was announced years ago) will debut on December 21st, 2022 in North America. Release date for other parts of the world will be announced at a later date. Don’t expect to see any footage of the film just yet, but likely within the next six to eight months.
You can check out the full voice cast below, as well as who their characters will be:
Mario Movie Cast:
- Chris Pratt as Mario
- Anya Taylor-Joy as Princess Peach
- Charlie Day as Luigi
- Jack Black as Bowser
- Fred Armisen as Cranky Kong
- Kevin Michael Richardson as Kamek
- Sebastian Maniscalco as Spike
- Keegan-Michael Key as Toad
- Seth Rogen as Donkey Kong
- Charles Martinet in “surprise cameos”