People Can Fly, the devs behind Outriders, has outlined the first major patch for the game. It is bringing several adjustments to the looter-shooter, including the stability issues and class-specific skill nerfs.
As with any update that balances a game, some Outriders players will likely be rather disappointed with the changes to the loot drops and class skills. Enemies like the Coldclaw and Splittooth will drop less gear, because they were a tad generous with their treasures. Bullet abilities (such as the Technomancer’s Blighted Rounds and the Trickster’s Twisted Rounds) have been modified to feel more “top tier,” as stated by the studio.
This includes increasing the Twisted Rounds’s cooldown to 25 seconds and reducing the “Vulnerable” status effect’s power to 15%. The Technomancer and Pyromancer classes have also been nerfed, with the former’s “Damage Against Poison” skill getting its power reduced and the latter’s “Trial of Ashes” extra damage output decreased.
The cross-play between consoles and PC that was disabled last week, will be re-enabled, but a date as to when has not been specified. People Can Fly has said there is a chance that this upcoming patch could release earlier than currently planned.
Another important fix addresses the glitch causing inventories to wipe clean when crashing during a multiplayer session. In a Reddit post, People Can Fly said the bug’s occurrence should be “greatly reduced” after this patch finally goes live. The team is still working on item restoration, with an exact date not confirmed yet. Only “the most valuable tiers of items lost,” like Epic and Legendaries, will be restored.
You can check out the full patch notes for next week’s update below:
Next Week’s Outriders Update Patch Notes
PC & Consoles:
- Once platforms have been updated to the same patch version, cross-play across platforms will become viable again.
- Overall stability improvements for the matchmaking service.
- Crash Fixes:
- Will fix a multiplayer crash that could result in client players having their inventory wiped.
- Will fix the crash when completing the “A Bad Day” side quest.
- Will fix the crash that occurs in No Man’s Land when your language is set to Spanish (Yes, we know. Video game code is a magical thing).
- Will fix crash on launch issues.
- Will include many more “random” crash fixes:
- We are confident that these fixes will address the majority of crashes reported, as there are only a handful of root causes but the crashes they generate appear in a number of places.
- Will fix the HUD disappearing in certain cases.
- Will fix bugs that interfere with players re-spawning in multiplayer Expeditions.
- Will fix bugs with players getting stuck on geometry (including when using Gravity Leap) or falling out of the world.
- Will change the default matchmaking setting from “Open” to “Closed”:
- You will still be able to manually change this setting to “Open” through your game settings.
- This change will prevent players from joining games where the host didn’t intend to play in multiplayer. It will also cut down on AFK lobbies.
- This will also help improve matchmaking times, as the queues will be less likely to be overwhelmed by the sheer volume of constant matchmaking requests generated by “open” games.
- Many other minor fixes and improvements.
- Will Fix a performance issue where GPU is not being fully utilized. This should help with stuttering and DX11/12 issues.