After years of waiting and delays, H1Z1 battle royale is now available free on the Playstation 4. All PS4 users can download H1Z1 free from the Playstation store.
H1Z1 is a free battle royale game that has players fighting to be the last one left alive. The PS4 version of H1Z1 features a completely redesigned inventory system and game play specifically designed to run on the PS4. Faster moving gas to keep players on the run to the action, more supply drops and vehicles spawn to keep the action and gun fighting going at a frantic rate.
The Playstation 4 version does differ from its PC counterpart in several ways so transferring purchases and stuff from the PC version is not possible.
More changes will be coming to the H1Z1 via future patches, a lot of them based on the closed beta feedback. Developer Daybreak games gave a little preview of what to expect in the future.
- Revive — Currently, Duos and Fives matches have no revive mechanic for picking your teammates back up once they’ve been hurt, which can be a bit punishing for new players. We’re working on bringing a console-specific version of the PC revive mechanic to the PS4.
- Aim acceleration — Currently when you move your joystick, the speed at which your character moves and responds is a linear acceleration, which led to some feedback that movement and aiming don’t feel very responsive (this caused some players to crank their sensitivity all the way up). We’re working to implement a non-linear (curve) solution now, similar to other shooter games, to give you that more responsive feeling.
- Grenade throwing and responsiveness — Thanks to players who shared their feedback on bugs during Closed Beta testing, we’ve worked to resolve many of the “sticking” issues with grenades. We’re not done yet though, and we will be continuing to improve this system during Open Beta.
- Frame rate improvements - This is an important one, and we pushed an update during Closed Beta to help address issues seen particularly in team modes. We are continuing to work on even further optimization to bring you a better experience on both the PS4 and PS4 Pro, which is why we’re currently stress-testing Solos and Fives and opening Duos later this week with additional improvements.
- Swap weapon slot — We’re working to provide a way for players to swap a weapon into their preferred slot location — for example, when you pick up a shotgun and it defaults to your left slot, we want to allow you to be able to move it into your bottom slot. Keep in mind that this will still require you to have the slot unlocked/open in order to move a weapon there (you’ll need to have looted the correct backpack already in order to access those slots).
- Multiple controller layouts — We’re working to support several different preset controller layouts so you can pick which one fits your playstyle best!
- EMP Grenade - Too many players left in cars? Not if the EMP Grenade has anything to say about it…once implemented, this new throwable will shut down cars within its radius for a short time.
- Air Strike Grenade — Dropping this throwable will call in an air strike at its location for maximum destruction — don’t stand near the flare!
Keep an eye out for new updates and information as it becomes available. Now get out there and kick some ass.