Obsidian has released an update for their survival game Grounded, addressing a number of problems across all platforms–some which were raised by the community. The 0.8.1 update is out now for Xbox one, Xbox Series X|S, and PC.
For starters, bases built on certain objects will no longer be considered “Unsupported” when loading, and causing them to collapse when modified. Players will also notice ranged and melee attacks register more as they should. There will also be less lag and hitching when looking in large bases.
Additionally, any backpacks that fall through the world will eventually resync with you. Outside of the community requests, Obsidian also fixed several other issues, like the “Weed Killer Peak” quest not showing up in the right place, and being able to place stuffed insects on furniture.
You can see the full set of patch notes below:
Grounded Bug Fixes
TOP COMMUNITY ISSUES
- Bases built on certain objects will no longer be considered “Unsupported” on load, and will not collapse after being modified.
- Clients will no longer randomly fail to register melee and ranged attacks.
- Reduced lag/hitching when looking at buildings in large bases.
- Backpacks that fall through the world for clients will eventually resync back to the correct host position.
- The Trail Marker for the BURG.L Quest: “Weed Killer Peak” will now be in the correct location if it already existed in your world.
- Stuffed insects can once again be placed on furniture.
- Bees aren’t as clumsy around flowers and thus will drop pollen less often.
- Hoop’s hair and other dangling pieces on chest armor should behave more appropriately in Photo Mode.
- Hammer build icons are now included in the “Toggle Trail Marker and Backpack Icons” action.
- The breath meter and the “Eat/Drink or Die” warning elements no longer get stuck on screen after respawning.
- The “[Type] Tool Required” warning no longer overlaps the harvest resource name on the HUD.
- Reverted the new day base music changes back to the night music to continue work on this for a future update.