Ubisoft announced the DLC roadmap for Far Cry 6’s post-launch content, and it includes plenty of crossover missions featuring Rambo, Danny Trejo, and Stranger Things.
This missions are part of free updates coming to Far Cry 6 after the game launches. The DLC is playable solo or co-op with another player, and includes the crossover missions featuring the characters mentioned above, as well as weekly “insurgency” missions and events Ubisoft is calling operations.
These Insurgencies will happen each week after the game’s launch on October 7th, and will continue to be playable even after a new one arrives the following week. Insurgencies have players tracking down Anton Castillo’s minions, earning new gear in the process.
Special Operations brings players to ““unique new areas” of Far Cry 6 imagined country, Yara. “These operations will introduce new gameplay mechanics as players must snatch highly unstable chemical weapons from Anton’s arms dealers and get to the extraction point before it overheats,” as described by Ubisoft.
The first two locations are called Mesozoico and Maceo. They will be available at launch, will the other four will be released later on.
As for the missions themselves, the Danny Trejo mission wants players to help Trejo sell his tacos–but this means killing a lot of people–in the Danny & Dani Vs. Everybody DLC. The Rambo All The Blood DLC finds a “Rambo superfan” teaming up with Rambo in what’s described as a ““blood-soaked rampage straight out of an ’80s action blockbuster.” Lastly, in the Stranger Things DLC, The Vanishing, the super cute puppy Chorizo goes missing and it’s up to you to find and save him. You can check out the trailer for these DLCs below:
Far Cry 6’s Season Pass includes plenty of content, included a set of DLC episodes that let you play as some of the most wicked villains in the whole series. That would include Vaas Montenegro, Pagan Min, and Joseph Seed, with all of their original actors returning for this DLC. This was announced back in June.
“Over the course of three DLC releases, players will embody a different villain struggling to escape the horrors of their own minds in a brand new ‘die and retry’ experience inspired by the roguelite genre,” Ubisoft said. “Starting with nothing more than a pistol to defend themselves, players will need to find new weapons and unlock power-ups to become stronger and progress deeper into the depths of the villains’ psyches. Blending intense action and storytelling, each DLC will provide a unique opportunity to better understand each villain’s past, personal demons, and motivations.”
The Season Pass will be $40 is you don’t buy a copy of the Gold, Ultimate, or Collector’s edition, which the pass comes bundled with. You can check out the Season Pass content below:
Far Cry 6 Season Pass
- Three DLC episodes, playable solo or co-op with a friend – even if they do not own the Season Pass.
- Episode 1: “Vaas: Insanity” planned for release in November 2021.
- Episode 2: “Pagan: Control” planned for release in January 2022.
- Episode 3: “Joseph: Collapse” planned for release in March 2022.
- Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon. On Windows PC, Season Pass holders will receive the original game released in 2013, while console and Stadia players will receiveFar Cry 3 Blood Dragon: Classic Edition*.
- The Blood Dragon Set, which includes seven items usable in the Far Cry 6 main game:
- One outfit: Blood Dragon Gear Set
- Two weapons: AJM9 and Kobracon
- One vehicle: Omega Enforcer
- One weapon charm: KillStar
- One Fang for Hire: K‑9000
- One vehicle Chibi: Blood Dragon Chibi
Far Cry 6 launches on October 7th for PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PC, and Amazon Luna. The Stadia version will be release in 2022. You can check out our preorder guide to see all the different editions.