In the same blog post Bungie announced the first Iron banner event of the year, it also mentioned an upcoming hotfix.
Hotfix 184.108.40.206 will be launched the same day as the Iron Banner Event, Janurary 17th, 2017 at 9:30 a.m. PT. Bungie gave a very short list of what they will actually fix in the patch:
- Some Patrol missions in the Plaguelands are not reliably causing enemies to drop their respective objective items
- Xûr’s “Curio” inventory varies on a weekly basis, due to a limitation of his inventory space
- Weapon Stability on the Nova Mortis and Abbadon Exotic Machine Guns is inconsistent
Bungie went on to say they will reveal the full patch notes on the day of the hotfix release. Seems rather odd to tell us three minor details days in advance, when you could just tell us all of them, since we will be seeing them anyway.
Along with some patch notes, we were told they are aware of some known issues players have been concerned about, but won’t be addressed in this patch:
- Rounds may not end as expected when all players on a Fireteam have been defeated in Elimination Game Types
- Skeleton Keys may be removed erroneously from Character Inventory
- Acquiring the Ice Breaker from weekly Vanguard Elite Bounty does not unlock the corresponding Grimoire card
- Players who have completed the “Songs from the Void” Quest will see a waypoint above Ikora in the Tower, where players will need to speak instead with Commander Zavala to receive the following Quest
Some of those are annoying, and some of those could really piss you off. They did say they are working on another update later down the road, so hopefully players will see those needed adjustments. Yesterday, Bungie started its “Bungie Bounty Days” and Iron Banner is starting next week on Tuesday, January 17th you can read more about both of those, here.