Call of Duty: Warzone’s recent update includes several quality-of-life updates, which arrived just a day after Activision announced the delay of Vanguard and Warzone’s Season 2. On top of these bug fixes, the Katana (melee) weapon received a number of buffs.
According to Raven Software, they fixed an issue with reload animations allowing certain weapons to continuously fire, as well as a problem causing Private Lobby hosts to crash. There was also a bug making the menu screen flicker when joining a friend or queue with a party, that’s also been addressed.
Other Warzone improvements included an adjustment to a bug that caused the regular/Advanced UAV rewards from Big Game Bounty and Top Secret Contracts to not trigger if the player was in a vehicle or anti-air gun. More importantly, Warzone Pacific is also getting collision issue fixes with various elements across Caldera, making it harder for players to exploit, peek, or shoot through them.
You can check out the full patch notes for the January 20th update below.
In other Call of Duty news, Phil Spencer recently tweeted that the franchise would continue to be sold on PlayStation, after Microsoft acquired Activision Blizzard in a recent $68.7 billion deal. Meanwhile, Call of Duty: Vanguard had a patch release yesterday as well, and Season 2 was delayed for both Warzone and Vanguard.
Call of Duty: Warzone Update — January 20th, 2022
- Fixed collision issues with various elements across Caldera allowing Players to exploit/peek/shoot through them.
- Fixed an issue causing the menu screen to flicker when attempting to join a friend or queue with a party.
- Fixed an issue with reload animations allowing certain Weapons to fire continuously.
- Fixed an issue causing Private Lobby hosts to crash.
- Fixed an issue causing the regular/Advanced UAV rewards from Big Game Bounty and [TOP SECRET] Contracts to not trigger if the player was in a vehicle or anti-air gun.
- Katana (VG)
- Damage increased from 135 to 150
- Standing Charge Range increased by 36.5%
- Crouching Charge Range increased by 17%
- Move Speed decreased by 2%