Raven Software released an early set of patch notes that revealed some major adjustments for Call of Duty: Warzone’s Vanguard Royale mode. The update should already be in effect right now, bringing core player health and UAV pricing changes for the Vanguard playlists.
The battle royale gained these new Vanguard Royale playlists after Vanguard was intergrated into Warzone, and they only include weapons and operators from that Call of Duty title. According to the patch notes, the core players health of these modes has been increased from 100 to 150. This means players will now have a total health pool of 300–with armor included. All squad sizes will be affected by this change in the Vanguard Royale playlists.
Another big change come in the form of an increased price at Buy Stations for a UAV streak. The price has leapt from $6,000 to a staggering $9,000 per UAV. Raven Software says this change comes from player feedback. Some players wanted the UAVs to be less frequent, while others were fine with them being accessible. The developer says this increase is a compromise, making them accessible but less readily exploitable.
Of course, what’s an update without a few bug fixes? The patch notes detail a fix for an issues that caused some players to get stuck while going prone under certain environmental structures. It also fixed an issues causing Wade’s Bundled Up operator skin to appear headless.
You can check out the full patch notes below, as shared by Raven Software.
Call of Duty Warzone — March 2nd, 2022 Patch Notes
We have been happy with the response to the Vanguard Royale LTM and are releasing further balancing refinements this week based on your feedback on the gameplay experience to date.
When Vanguard Royale re-enters the Playlist rotation for all squad sizes tomorrow, March 3rd, you can expect the following changes:
- Core Player health will be increased to 150, up from 100
- Including Armor, Players will now have a total health pool of 300, up from 250
We agree with the feedback that the Time-to-Kill (TTK) has crept beyond the sweet spot and hope that this adjustment will improve Player experience and sentiment. This change comes parallel to additional Weapon balancing that remains a key focus for the team.
- UAV’s are now available in Buy Stations for $9,000, up from $6,000
We’ve seen both sides of feedback with the previous change to remove UAV’s wholesale from Buy Stations; some players liking the more traditional battle royale pacing, whilst others missing the ability to more readily push a team in the mid-game. We are excited by this compromise where UAV’s will remain accessible but less inclined to be so readily exploitable.
Our goal with both of these changes is to deliver a more balanced, fair and engaging experience. We will continue to monitor the impact of these changes and make additional updates where required.
- Fixed collision issues with various elements across Caldera allowing Players to exploit/peek/shoot through them.
- Fixed an issue causing Players to get stuck while proning underneath certain environmental elements such as stairs.
- Fixed an issue with elements at Chemical Factory to improve system performance and reduce hitching.
- Fixed an issue causing the Wade Bundled Up Operator Skin to appear headless.
- Fixed an issue causing the Submachine Gun Charlie (VG) VDD 189mm Short Barrel to incorrectly affect Locational Multipliers.
- Fixed an issue causing the Light Machine Gun Charlie (VG) Queen’s 705mm Royal Barrel to bypass its intended Damage Falloff.
- Fixed an issue causing optics on the Sniper Rifle Alpha (VG) Baltic Blueprint to appear opaque.
- Fixed an issue that allowed Nebula V Rounds to penetrate Riot Shields.
- Fixed an issue that allowed Nebula V Rounds to be applied to certain Melee Weapons.
- Fixed an issue causing Nebula V Rounds to lack a visual effect when used with various Launchers.
- Fixed an issue causing placeholder images and descriptions to appear in various Store Bundles.
- Fixed an issue causing placeholder descriptions to appear for the Whitley (VG) Camo Unlock Challenges.
- Fixed an issue causing placeholder text to appear on the Party tab of the Social menu.
- Fixed an issue causing certain restricted Operators to be usable in Vanguard Royale modes.
- Fixed an issue causing the Bomber Plane ADS UI to remain stuck on the Player screen when landing the plane while holding ADS.
- XM4 (BOCW)
- Neck Damage Multiplier decreased to 1.33, down from 1.5