A new update recently arrived to Call of Duty: Warzone, and the January 26th patch notes includes several fixes for crashes and freezes that have been present in matches in across Caldera.
According to Raven Software, a problem causing live matches to crash has been fixed, and general stability to Warzone has been increased. Fixes were also addresses concerning instability when either pressing the Xbox home button twice while in-game or when typing non-ASCII characters.
Loadout issues were also taken care of in this update, so players can no longer respawn from a teammate buy back with part of their original loadout equipped. Raven Software also implemented a fix for a problem that cause the second Loadout Public Event to not occur in the core game modes.
Additionally, the developer tweeted that it’s made “major improvements” to freezing issues at the Buy Station. Although, Raven did acknowledge that freezing instances are still happening in matching. The continued, saying, “Thank you for your patience while we continue our investigation.”
Call of Duty, in general, has been struggling throughout its Season 1, with a medley of bugs and performance issues. Activision has even delayed Season 2 for Vanguard and Warzone–just to bring more quality-of-life changes to multiple Call of Duty titles.
Activision Blizzard is currently being acquired by Microsoft, but it’s unclear what will happen with Call of Duty once the deal has gone through. We do know that Call of Duty will continue to be released on PlayStation, for the time being.
You can check out the full patch notes below, as shared by Raven Software.
- Fixed collision issues with various elements across Caldera allowing Players to exploit/peek/shoot through them.
- Fixed an issue causing instability when pressing the Xbox home button twice while in-game.
- Fixed an issue causing instability when typing non-ASCII characters (eg: ©, ®, ™, ∅).
- Fixed an additional issue causing the menu screen to flicker.
- Fixed an issue allowing Players to respawn via buy back with part of their original Loadout.
- Fixed an issue causing additional placeholder images to appear in various Store Bundle previews and/or purchases.
- Fixed an issue causing live matches to crash.
- Fixed an issue causing Players to fall into a bottomless pit of despair when attempting to take a dip in the pool.
- Fixed an issue causing the second Loadout Public Event to not occur in core Battle Royale modes.