A brand new update has arrived to Call of Duty: Vanguard, and although these patch notes are small, the April 18th update focuses on quality-of-life update for multiplayer and Zombies mode.
According to the patch notes, the update addresses an issue that previously caused Operators to be invisible during the MVP Voting phase while on the map Castle. The update also fixes another invisibility bug that was causing Operators heads to disappear when using a combat shield and akimbo weapons.
Improvements were also made to a couple of Vanguard’s multiplayer modes, including Search & Destroy, Arms Race, and Free-For-All. Of course, there are several fixes to Zombies as well, including a stability fix and crash issue adjustments.
You can see the full patch notes below, as provided by Sledgehammer Games.
Call of Duty: Vanguard — April 18th Patch Notes
- Addressed an issue where Operators could be invisible during the MVP Voting phase.
- Search & Destroy
- Bomb timers will now always be shown on the HUD.
- Arms Race
- Improved physics when colliding with a Nebula Crate using the CD12 Transport vehicle.
- Combat Shield (Melee)
- Addressed an issue that caused Operator heads to disappear when using a Combat Shield and Akimbo weapons.
- Glide Bomb (5 Kills)
- Targetting UI elements will no longer persist if a teammate uses a Ball Turret Gunner while the player’s Glide Bomb is active.
- Addressed an issue that prevented some players from being placed on the CDL Leaderboard after completing their five Skill Evaluation matches.
User Interface & Experience
- Progression is now accurately displayed on the Rank widget in Multiplayer menus.
- Players can now access the Armory while the cross-platform play option is disabled.
- Operators will now showcase the correct Weapon during the countdown of a Free-for-All match.
- Fixed a crash when resuming the game from an idle state on Xbox consoles.
Bundles & Cosmetics
- The Hard Shell Bundle will now grant the correct item for the Typhoon Weapon Charm.
- Addressed an issue that prevented Halima’s face from properly animating during loot previews.
- Addressed a stability issue where players would be kicked from a match when reviving a player using melee and tactical items only.
- Added stability fixes for crashes that would occur while inspecting the Decimator Shield or Ray Gun. Weapon inspects for both of these items have been enabled.