Sledgehammer Games has released another update for Call of Duty: Vanguard, and it’s brought a number of adjustments with it. These include a change to the camo challenge for the 3‑Line sniper rifle, an increase to the charge time of Dead Drop, fixes to some killstreaks, and plenty more.
The 3‑Line sniper rifle had it’s Bloodthirsty Challenges camo challenges changed to Prone Challenges. Players had requested changes to the challenge, but this is quite a drastic alteration. There is no word on when other weapon camo challenges will be fixed or adjusted.
A couple of killstreaks also received some treatment. The Flamenaut had a damage direction indicator added; while the Fire Bombing Run and Attack dogs both had VFX fixes.
Maps went through a bit of bug fixes themselves, including Demyansk, Oasis, Tuscan, and Numa Numa. Demyansk and Oasis had exploits fixed, while Tuscan and Numa Numa had a rare issue–of players spawning outside of the map–fixed as well.
You can check out the full changes in the patch notes below, as detailed by Sledgehammer Games. This update also paves the way the the upcoming Season 1 for Call of Duty: Vanguard and the switch to the Caldera map in Warzone. Call
Call of Duty: Vanguard Update — December 6th
- Did an overall pass on Mounting. Players reported issues regarding mount height and objects not appearing mountable.
- Custom Mods: players can save custom builds.
- Adjusted the camera position when selecting specific weapons or attachments. Players reported the weapon review was cut off for a handful of attachments.
- Fixed a bug where players would load into a game with an invisible weapon.
- Fixed a bug where Combat Shields displayed the wrong skin while stowed.
- Progression and Camos
- XP rates have been increased for Snipers.
- 3‑Line Rifle
- Bloodthirsty Challenges have been changed to Prone Challenges.
- Dead Drop
- Fixed a bug where players were continually awarded their top killstreak when using Dead Drop.
- Charge time has been doubled.
- Made it easier to determine if a deployed Goliath is friendly.
- Added damage direction indicators for players using Falmenaut.
- Fire Bombing Run
- Fixed issue where players did not see where the fire VFX started, resulting in players taking damage though they were not standing in the flames.
- Attack Dogs
- Fixed a missing VFX path when the whistling animation plays.
- Performance pass on Killstreak decals to reduce flickering.
- Fixed an issue with “Grizzled Veteran — Get X Elimination in Hardcore Mode” not tracking properly.
- Fixed bug preventing some players from unlocking reticles.
- Fixed an exploit where players could exit the map
- Fixed exploits where players could exit the map.
- Fixed rare issue where players spawn outside of the map.
- Numa Numa
- Fixed a rare issue where players spawn outside the map.
- Fixed a bug where player names were blank in “incoming clan requests” if the request was received while in the Clan Request menu.
- Players will see a warning when equipping 2XP tokens while a global 2XP event is running.
Performance & Connectivity
- Improved stability when connecting to lobbies.