Infinity Ward has released a small update for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Warzone, which makes one change that people were hoping for: it nerfs the SP‑R sniper rifle.
The SP‑R is the new Warzone sniper rifle as part of the Season 6 battle pass. Before the patch, the gun was “basically hitscan”, allowing players to break armor with a single chest-shot and killing with a shot to the head. Accompany this with the high damage and mobility of the SP‑R made it quite a threat in Warzone. The patch adjusts the gun’s ADS speed, ammo and attachment attributes.
Although the patch was small, it’s obvious it was targeting the SP‑R, but did add a couple of tweaks for other guns. This includes a bug fix for the new AS VAL assault rifle and ADS reduction for the SKS DMR’s variable zoom scopes. You can see the full list of changes below:
Modern Warfare/ Warzone Patch Notes — October 8th
- Fixed an issue where players could survive in the gas while staying on the subway fast travel system
- AS VAL:
- Fixed a bug where the SSP 10‑R mags could allow bullet penetration through multiple walls.
- SP‑R 208:
- Increase to flinch.
- Minor reduction to ADS speed.
- Variable zoom scope:
- Moved weapon closer to the player while ADSing.
- Small reduction to ADS speed.
- .300 Norma Mag and .338 Lapua Mag ammo types:
- Reduction to bullet velocity.
- Reduction to ADS speed.
- SKS: Small reduction to ADS speed for variable zoom scopes.