Call of Duty’s Season 4 is just a few days away, and Treyarch has released patch notes for Black Ops Cold War’s update on June 17th. The new season of multiplayer and Zombies content will go live in Black Ops Cold War starting at 9 PM PT June 16 / 12 AM ET June 17th.
A Call of Duty Season 4 roadmap has already been revealed, showing what players can expect when the season launches. This includes a limited-time event called “Ground Fall,” in which players can complete objectives to earn rewards. Of course, a new battle bass with 100 Tiers, new maps, modes, weapons, and operators will be making an appearance in the multiplayer Season as well.
Black Ops Cold War’s weapons will mostly remain the same at the start of Season 4. However, Treyarch did make some adjustments to a few assault rifles and their attachments.
A brand-new gifting feature has also been added to Cold War. Players can now gift the Battle Pass, Battle Pass bundle, and store bundles to their friends. Anyone who sends a gift between June 17th and June 30th will receive a 60-minutes double battle pass XP token.
Two-factor authentication is required to use the gifting system, and bundles such as the free bundles, franchise store bundles, and limited-time bundles cannot be gifted.
You can check out the full patch notes for June 15th, as shared by Treyarch, below.
- “Ground Fall” limited-time event live through 10AM PT June 24.
- Complete challenges in Black Ops Cold War and Warzone to earn Emblems, Calling Cards, a Weapon Charm, bonus XP, and an Epic Secondary Weapon Blueprint.
- New 100-Tier Battle Pass available in Season Four.
- New “Jackal” Operator available at Tier 0 in the Season Four Battle Pass.
- New MG82 LMG available for free at Tier 15 of the Battle Pass System.
- New C58 assault rifle available for free at Tier 31 of the Battle Pass System.
- New Nail Gun Special weapon available via in-game challenge in Multiplayer or Zombies, or via unique Blueprint version in the Store.
Weapon Unlock Challenges
- Unlock Challenge available for the PPSh-41 SMG in Multiplayer and Zombies.
- Unlock Challenge available for the Swiss K31 sniper rifle in Multiplayer and Zombies.
- Reduced range penalty on Suppressor muzzle attachment from 15% to 11%.
- Reduced range penalty on Agency Suppressor muzzle attachment from 33% to 22%.
- Reduced range penalty on Suppressor muzzle attachment from 15% to 13%.
- Increased range penalty on GRU Suppressor muzzle attachment from 25% to 27%
- Increased range penalty on Suppressor muzzle attachment from 15% to 17%.
- Reduced range penalty on Suppressor muzzle attachment from 15% to 10%.
- Reduced range penalty on Agency Suppressor muzzle attachment from 33% to 20%.
- Reduced range penalty on Agency Suppressor muzzle attachment from 30% to 25%.
- Increased range penalty on Suppressor muzzle attachment from 15% to 17%.
- Reduced range penalty on GRU Suppressor muzzle attachment from 33% to 32%.
- Increased range penalty on Suppressor muzzle attachment from 15% to 20%.
- Players can now gift the Battle Pass, Battle Pass Bundles, and Store Bundles to friends in Black Ops Cold War.
- Get a 60-minute Double Battle Pass XP Token for sending your first gift between June 17 and June 30.
- Two-factor authentication is required to use the gifting system.
- Free Bundles, Franchise Store Bundles, and Limited-Time Bundles cannot be gifted.
- Progress toward active Daily Challenges can now be viewed in-game via the Options menu.
- Reduced the amount of XP needed to progress through Season Levels in Black Ops Cold War, Warzone, and Modern Warfare.
Added four new Prestige Levels (16–19) and Prestige Rewards:
- Level 50: New Prestige, Emblem, Prestige Key, Weapon Blueprint, and Battle Pass Tier Skip
- Level 100: New Prestige, Emblem, Prestige Key, and Battle Pass Tier Skip
- Level 150: New Prestige, Emblem, Prestige Key, and Battle Pass Tier Skip
- Level 190: All Season Challenges Available
- Level 200: New Prestige, Emblem, Prestige Key, Battle Pass Tier Skip, Master Prestige Calling Card
- Levels 250 — 1,000: New Prestige Key every 50 levels
- Additional Legacy Calling Cards from previous Black Ops titles are now available in the Prestige Shop, including the animated “Bacon” Calling Card from Black Ops II, available to players once they reach Season Level 100.
Four additional Treyarch music tracks available for the Music Player in the free “Black Ops 4 Mixtape” War Tracks in the Battle Pass System:
- “Alistair’s Theme”
- “Damned 4”
- Updated main lobby theming for Season Four.
- Collateral (12v12) [NEW]
- New map added to Multiplayer rotation in 12v12 modes.
- Collateral Strike (6v6) [NEW]
- New map added to Multiplayer rotation in 6v6 modes.
- Hijacked (6v6) [NEW]
- Classic Black Ops II map added to Multiplayer rotation in 6v6 modes.
- Hijacked 24/7 Featured Playlist available during launch week.
- Amsterdam (2v2, 3v3) [NEW]
- New map added to Multiplayer rotation in 2v2 and 3v3 modes.
- Updated Hardpoint spawns for P2 and P4 Hardpoints.
One in the Chamber [NEW]
- Free-for-all party game available in the Party Games playlist collection in Featured Playlists.
- Players have three lives and a single bullet. Players receive another bullet upon eliminating an enemy. Melee attacks are also lethal.
- Available weapons include the 1911, Magnum, and Hand Cannon.
- The first player to reach the score limit wins the match.
Multi-Team: Sat-Link [NEW]
- New Multiplayer mode featuring 10 competing teams of four.
- Players must reach the Sat-Link marked on their map, power it up, and upload data to satellites in orbit to gain points.
- Search for crates to collect powerful Scorestreaks and other useful items.
- The first team to reach the score limit wins the match.
Cranked Hardpoint [NEW]
- Capture Hardpoints to gain points for your team. Eliminate multiple enemies in the same life to earn up to five powerful buffs throughout the match.
- Capturing a Hardpoint grants a movement speed boost and sets your timer to 30 seconds. When the timer reaches zero, you explode. Extend the timer by earning eliminations and capturing Hardpoints.
- The timer is paused while on your team’s Hardpoint, and kills add 15 seconds to your timer up to a max of 30 seconds.
- Successive kills grant up to four additional buffs: improved weapon handling, ADS speed, slide speed, and a larger explosion upon death (granted after a five-kill streak.)
- The first team to reach 200 points, or the most points before time expires, wins.
Hardcore Hardpoint [NEW]
Now featured in Hardcore Quick Play and Hardcore Moshpit playlists.
- Added to the Game Modes Combat Record.
- Addressed an issue where some props could have incorrect bullet collision after jumping repeatedly.
- New Scorestreak available in Multiplayer for 2,800 score.
- 20 new Multiplayer Season Challenges available to be revealed and unlocked with exclusive Calling Card and XP rewards. Reveal a new Challenge every 10 Season Levels. Complete all 20 to unlock the Season Four Multiplayer Master Animated Calling Card.
- Updated the unlock criteria for the “Vehicular Warfare” Season Three Challenge.
- Added Sprint Recovery Delay setting to General Player settings for Custom Games. This will set the time after a player has stopped sprinting before they are fully recovered and will see the speed benefit of Sprint Takeoff.
- Hijacked 24/7 [NEW] (Also available in Hardcore)
- Multi-Team: Sat-Link [NEW]
- Party Games (Now includes One in the Chamber)
- Face Off 6v6 (Now includes Amsterdam)
- Cranked Hardpoint [NEW]
- 12v12 Moshpit (Now includes 12v12 Cranked Hardpoint)
- Nuketown 24/7 (Also available in Hardcore)
- Gunfight Blueprints
- Multi-Team: Elimination
- Updated Skill Division requirements to maintain target population distribution percentages outlined in the League Play Rules section. Some players may see their Skill Division shift after their next League Play placement match.
- Restricted the LC10 and AK-47 in League Play.
New Main Quest
- “Operation Excision” Main Quest coming to Outbreak starting at 10AM PT June 17th.
- New Zoo region available in Outbreak.
- New in-game story Intel available to discover.
- New tuning changes to the existing Outbreak Main Quest in Ruka:
- Disabled super sprinters in the Silo.
- Slightly reduced Legion’s chest armor health.
- Increased respawn delays on all zombies.
- Added an audio cue when starting and failing certain steps to indicate when zombies will start attacking.
- Added more Treyarch Zombies tracks to unlock for the Music Player via the “Unknown Signal” World Events in Outbreak.
- Addressed an issue where the Retrieval canister could fall under the map when entering Phase Tears.
- Addressed an issue where the Retrieval canister could fall off the player while riding a Snowmobile on steep terrain.
Dead Ops Arcade 3
- In First-Person game mode, all Divine Shield (orange) potions are now automatically swapped out for the more useful Health (red) potions.
- Treasure in Poppy’s room should no longer time out.
- Chickens that are spinning out now use the player’s last weapon correctly.
- Replaced the third Fate award for maxing out at 9X multiplier with a new mystery award.
- Addressed an issue where the sawblade shield item was not correctly creating crawling zombies.
- Addressed an issue where in Silverback Slideways maps where the player could stand in a lava field and not take damage.
- Addressed an issue where the player could be considered a valid AI target before the player’s screen had faded up entirely.
- Changed non-default score values for various enemies. Mamaback now awards 20,000 points, underbosses award 5,000 points, Elite enemies (Megaton, Brutus, Gladiators) award 500 points, and the rest award the default of 100 points.
- Addressed an issue where the Pineapple Launcher was not awarding points.
- Improved stability for Silverback Slideways maps to reduce “Charlie 285 Military Gorilla” error messages.
- Improved stability for issues that could occur when players stand in Nova Gas.
- Added inactivity tracking to boot inactive players after a period of time.
- Closed multiple exploits in The Wild.
- Collateral added to map rotation with new Intel to discover.
- Addressed an issue that could cause players to occasionally lose XP in Zombies when returning to the lobby after matches.
- Addressed an issue where the Outbreak Match Bonus would occasionally award less XP than expected.
- 20 new Zombies Season Challenges available to be revealed and unlocked with exclusive Calling Card and XP rewards. Reveal a new Challenge every 10 Season Levels. Complete all 20 to unlock the Season Four Zombies Master Animated Calling Card.
- The Season Four Battle Pass features 4 Zombies Operator Missions, an increase of from 2 Zombies Missions in previous Seasons.
Weapon Unlock Challenges
- Added new Weapon Unlock Challenges in Zombies:
- PPSh-41 SMG
- Swiss K31 sniper rifle
- Nail Gun Special weapon
- Addressed an issue where Mimics under effects of Brain Rot could still enter their disguised form.
- Addressed an issue where Mimics were not being killed while under effects of Brain Rot.
- Addressed an issue where Deadshot Daiquiri was not functioning properly on the AMP63 pistol.
- Firebase Z
- Die Maschine
- Dead Ops Arcade: First Person
- Dead Ops Arcade
- Onslaught (PlayStation)
- Onslaught Collateral (PlayStation) [NEW]