Call of Duty’s last season is well into its cycle, and the latest update fro Black Ops Cold War brings in changes to the Halloween-themed Haunting event. This event is currently ongoing, and will end on November 2nd. The patch notes also details several adjustments to Season 6’s Forsaken Zombies map.
Multiplayer Maps and Modes
The Haunting event brings a Halloween-themed Nuketown map to the game, as well as three limited-time modes:
- Scream Deathmatch — Two players masked like Ghostface chase after “survivors” in a game of killer hide-and-seek.
- Infected makes a return (but with a twist) — This is an 18-player game of Zombies vs. Survivors, where survivors earn bonuses with each zombie they kill.
- Halloween Prop Hunt — Players will be able to hid around the map as skulls, jack‑o’-lanterns, black cats, bats, skeletons, and more.
The Haunting event adds the new All Hallows’ Eve Outbreak mode, in which players will need to survive for 10 minutes and exfiltrate from an Outbreak region. This holiday version is far more difficult than standard Outbreak, as the difficulty of the region will increase every two minutes. When the 10-minute time limit has been reached, the exfil point will spawn and players will still need to fight to safely exfiltrate.
Outbreak’s Survival mode is now available for both private matches and solo play.
The Forsaken map also saw more fixes within this update. This includes an issue that was allowing players to become invisible while playing an arcade game, along with messages players were getting in playable areas warning them they were out of bounds. Forsaken’s Abomination enemy type received fixes for issues that caused it to get stuck at certain points of the map. It also addressed problems that cause the Abomination not to break crystals properly for map’s main Easter eggs step.
You can check out the full patch notes below, as shared by Treyarch.
- The Haunting
- The Haunting Event live from October 19th to November 2nd in Black Ops Cold War and Warzone.
- Complete event challenges in both games to unlock new in-game rewards, including the new LAPA SMG.
- New SMG available via event challenges.
- Complete a full set of 9 challenges in either Black Ops Cold War or Warzone during The Haunting Event to unlock the LAPA.
- Nuketown Halloween
- Special Halloween version of Nuketown ‘84 added to Multiplayer rotation during The Haunting Event.
- Scream Deathmatch
- Scream Deathmatch added to Multiplayer Featured Playlists.
- Two random players will become Ghostface and must eliminate all Survivors.
- Survivors will have no weapons and must run and hide from the killers.
- Survivors will periodically scream throughout the match, giving away their position and forcing them to stay on the move.
- The match ends when the killers have killed all Survivors, or when a final Survivor rises up to defeat the killers.
- Infected added to Multiplayer Featured Playlists. Supports up to 18 players.
- Zombies attempt to kill the Survivors to add them to the undead team.
- The remaining Survivors win if they beat the clock, or the Zombies win if they turn every Survivor.
- Survivors will earn a bonus with each Zombie they kill:
- Bonus to reload speed
- Bonus to ADS speed
- Bonus to movement speed
- Bonus to slide speed
- Nuketown Halloween Prop Hunt
- Nuketown Halloween Prop Hunt added to Party Games and Nuketown Halloween Featured Playlists.
- New Halloween-themed props include skulls, jack‑o’-lanterns, spiders, and more on the Nuketown Halloween map.
- Call in Halloween-themed Care Packages for some tricks and treats. 🙂
- Nuketown Halloween
- Nuketown Halloween added to Featured Playlists.
- Includes Team Deathmatch, Domination, Kill Confirmed, and Nuketown Halloween Prop Hunt. Mode voting enabled.
- Nuketown Halloween [NEW] (includes Nuketown Halloween Prop Hunt)
- Scream Deathmatch [NEW]
- Infected [NEW]
- Gunfight Tournament [NEW]
- Face Off 6v6
- 12v12 Moshpit
- Party Games (includes Nuketown Halloween Prop Hunt)
- Jack O’Lantern Drops
- Zombies have a chance to drop the new Jack O’Lantern item for additional rewards, including Wonder Weapons, Support Weapons, Ammo Mods, Chalices, Aether Tools, and high-level Armor.
- Scare Packages
- During The Haunting Event, Scare Packages containing high-value rewards will spawn every five rounds in round-based maps, and in every Outbreak Region.
- Pumpkin Heads
- Zombies with pumpkin heads will appear in all modes. These weak points have low health and can be shot off for Essence bonuses.
- Spooky Soundtrack
- Added new Halloween in-game music during The Haunting.
- Hallows’ Eve Outbreak
- New Outbreak mode available during The Haunting.
- Players must survive against increasingly aggressive hordes in a single Region for 10 minutes before Exfil begins.
- Difficulty ramps up every 2 minutes, and zombie spawns are constantly at maximum. Zombies are always aware of the squad’s location.
- The Orda battle is the only available World Event.
- After 10 minutes, Exfil will begin at the location farthest from the squad.
- Hallows’ Eve Outbreak
- Outbreak Survival
- Outbreak Survival mode now available in Private and Solo matches.
- Addressed an issue that allowed players to become invisible while playing an arcade game.
- Addressed several erroneous out of bounds warnings within legitimate play spaces.
- Addressed an issue that could cause players to be erroneously teleported while in the Observation Tower space.
- Addressed an issue that caused the arcade activation prompts to appear when already occupied or during Exfil.
- Addressed an issue that caused players to receive the previous rewards when restarting the Der Eisendrache pinball game but not participating.
- Addressed an issue that could cause players to not retain Support items acquired during the Der Eisendrache pinball game.
- Addressed an issue that caused the Abomination to become stuck on the Main Street bridge.
- Addressed an issue that caused the Abomination to use the Special enemy icon on the mini-map instead of the Elite enemy icon.
- Addressed a rare issue that could caused the Abomination to be moved nearby after a charge attack.
- Addressed an issue that could cause zombies to not visibly disintegrate properly when hit with the Abomination’s Beam Attack.
- Addressed an issue that prevented the Abomination from being able to destroy respawned Aetherium crystals.
- Addressed an issue that could allow the Disciple to follow players into arcade mini-games.
- Wonder Weapons
- Addressed an issue that prevented ammo from being granted when Pack-a-Punching the Chrysalax to Tier II or III.
- Main Quest
- Addressed an issue that caused Ammo Caches to disappear during the later steps of the Main Quest.
- Addressed an issue that caused players to be granted 1,000 Essence instead of 500 when starting a new match.
- Closed various exploit areas where players could not be reached by enemies.
- Closed various exploits related to the use of PhD Slider or the Sai Melee weapon to slide to unintended areas.
- Added stability fixes related to the Chrysalax Wonder Weapon.
- Added stability fixes related to the Pizza Delivery side quest in “Forsaken.”
- Added a stability fix related to the Aetherium Neutralizer in the “Forsaken” Main Quest.
- Added a stability fix related to the Main Quest debris barricade in “Forsaken.”
- Added stability fixes related to the Abomination.
- Added a stability fix related to the ARC-XD Support Weapon.
- Added a stability fix related to Duel Wield weapons with Ammo Mods.
- Added a stability fix for a crash that could occur when a player was downed.
- Addressed an issue that caused a non-functional Tombstone Stash to spawn when dying without the Perk after having had the Perk during a previous life.
- Closed some invincibility exploits related to use of the ARC-XD.
- Addressed an issue that caused incorrect ammo to be granted to the D.E.A.D. Joltsurge Wonder weapon when receiving the Max Ammo power-up.
- Hallows’ Eve Outbreak [NEW]
- Outbreak (Endless and 3 Region)
- Mauer der Toten
- Firebase Z
- Die Maschine
- Dead Ops Arcade 3 (Standard and First-Person)
- Onslaught (PlayStation®)
- Onslaught Elite (PlayStation)
- Onslaught Containment (PlayStation)