Treyarch has released the latest update for Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War, with the main addition being the brand new ZRG 20mm sniper rifle. This is now the sixth weapon to be brought to Black Ops Cold War (and Warzone) in Season 2, but the April 7th update also includes plenty of improvements to Outbreak mode in Zombies, as well as several adjustments to Dead Ops Arcade 3 and Onslaught.
The new Miami Strike also recieved a fix for an out-of-bounds exploit, along with fixes to issues with challenges related to the “Science” camo for launcher weapons and the “Classic” camo challenge for the R1 Shadowhunter. Additionally, the RC-XD is a bit more lethal (for whatever reason).
Treyarch has also acknowledged a remaining issue–the R1 Shadowhunter seems to be locked for some players, even after they reach 15/15 out of the challenge progress. Treyarch has suggested it’s because players are leaving matches mid-match.
You can see the full patch notes below:
Black Ops Cold War April 7 Patch Notes
- ZRG 20mm
- ZRG 20mm sniper rifle now available via in-game challenge or Store bundle.
- Addressed an issue with UI icon visuals for the “Oni” Reticle appearing too dark in the preview.
- Miami Strike
- Closed an out-of-bounds exploit area near the Parking Garage.
- Increased RC-XD damage to take down nearby enemies using Flak Jacket.
- Addressed an issue where the “Science” camo category for the RPG‑7 wasn’t tracking properly.
- Addressed an issue where the “Classic” camo category for the R1 Shadowhunter wasn’t tracking properly.
- Addressed a stability issue related to Ammo Mods.
- Fixed crashes related to Objectives.
- Addressed a stability issue related to the Krasny Soldat’s leap attack.
- Addressed a stability issue related to the Dragon Relic.
- Addressed a stability issue related to Wall Buys.
- Addressed a stability issue related to the Secure Objective.
- Added numerous stability fixes.
Dead Ops Arcade 3
- Adjusted XP rewards.
- Slightly adjusted some rewards for life donation.
- Adjusted time allotments for Wave 3 in the Room of Judgement.
- Addressed an issue where the Bonus Room War Store not functioning as expected.
- Addressed an issue where the War Store wasn’t granting vehicles or a random one.
- Addressed a co-op issue where a player wouldn’t be warped into the Room of Fate if another player was dropping into the Room of Fate on a buggy or mech at the same time.
- Addressed an issue where various shield type objects (Barrels, Boxing Gloves, Sawblades, Tesla Balls) were not working as expected.
- Addressed an issue where the player’s shield was not affecting the Meatball or Spider enemies as expected.
- Addressed an issue where the Tesla Ball wasn’t working against some enemies.
- Addressed an issue where the player wasn’t properly getting credited for kills while in vehicles for the “Damage Delivery” Challenge.
- Addressed an issue where leaderboards were not updated correctly at the end of match.
- Addressed an issue that caused Optics to be automatically unlocked on the R1 Shadowhunter crossbow.
- Adjusted difficulty scaling for higher Surges.
- Adjusted spawn rate and movement speed of enemies to match other modes.
- Added super sprinter enemies to Onslaught.
- Addressed a UI error that could appear upon selecting Player Details when using keyboard and mouse.