A new update is now available for Black Ops Cold War, making a couple of changes to multiplayer, and some bigger adjustments to Zombies mode. Of course, most players are likely waiting on the reveal of Call of Duty: Vanguard on Thursday.
The August 17th update brings a stability adjustment to the new Double Agent mode and adds similar improvements to Zombies. Additionally, the Agency Suppressor attachment got its bullet velocity penalty reduced, going from ‑30% to ‑15%. This was supposed to go live last week when the bigger update rolled out, but it didn’t for some reason.
Treyarch did mention that players have yet to find an Easter egg in Mauer der Toten that was added last week. The studio said this “little something” is “nothing crazy, just a bit of fun.” If you think you’ve found it, you can reach out to Treyarch on Twitter.
Tomorrow, a new secondary shotgun-esc pistol called Marshal is making its way to Black Ops Cold War. You can unlock it by completing the in-game challenge or by purchasing it bundle.
Black Ops Cold War August 17 Patch Notes
- Assault Rifles (All)
- Reduced Bullet Velocity penalty on Agency Suppressor attachment from ‑30% to ‑15%.
- Custom Mods
- Full Custom Mod support added for Launchers, Special weapons, and Melee weapons. [August 12]
- Double Agent
- Fixed various stability issues encountered in Double Agent.
- Fixed stability issues related to the Death Perception Perk, Outbreak World Events, Outbreak Jump Pads, and the Disciple enemy.
- Added improvements to the triggering conditions for the Omega Helicopter.
- Addressed an issue that prevented the player from receiving the correct amount of Salvage from the Omega Helicopter when Death Perception is equipped.
- Addressed an issue that caused the Omega Helicopter to unintentionally spawn and activate on initial player spawn locations.
- Addressed an issue that prevented the Holdout Objective lighting from turning off after completing the Objective in Collateral.
- Addressed an issue that prevented the Disciple’s drain attack beam from appearing when used against Objective targets.
- LT53 Kazimir
- Salvage cost reduced from 2,000 to 1,500. [August 12]
- Addressed an issue that allowed duplication of the LT53 Kazimir.
- Players can now prevent the application of Pack-a-Punch camos on weapons by using a melee attack on the Pack-a-Punch Machine before packing the weapon. [August 12]
- Players can also lock in the Pack-a-Punch Tier I or Tier II camo by using a melee attack on the machine after packing the weapon to their preferred tier.
- Added “Train Inbound” notification to subtitles when a train is approaching in “Mauer der Toten” for players with hearing loss. [August 12]