Sledgehammer Games announced much more information today regarding its multiplayer beta. These private betas start on August 25–28th for PS4 and September 1–4 for both PS4 and Xbox One. To guarantee access you can pre-order Call of Duty: WWΙΙ. Divisions were introduced during E3 and will be playable during this beta. They replace the Pick 10 Create-a-Class system and include, Infantry, Expeditionary, Airborne, Armored, or Mountain Division. Players will also get to experience their first War Mode, Operation Breakout, which was developed along with Raven Software. It takes place in war-torn village of St. Lo, France and is a brand new way to play Multiplayer.
Sledgehammer outlined what will be included in the private betas:
- Maps – At least three Multiplayer maps, including: Pointe Du Hoc, Ardennes, and Gibraltar.
- War Mode – Operation Breakout
- Modes – Fan-favorite modes, including Team Deathmatch, Domination, and Hardpoint.
- Divisions – Enlist in the Infantry, Expeditionary, Airborne, Armored, or Mountain Division. You are not limited to any one Division, and we encourage you to try them all!
- Progression – Players will begin at Soldier Rank 1 and rank up through a limited progression to unlock weapons, scorestreaks, equipment, and Basic Training
They also outlined what will not be included in the betas, like the new social space, Headquarters:
- Headquarters – We’re testing the match-making of this all-new social experience, but access to this space will not be active during the Multiplayer Beta.
- Supply Drops, and Loot – These customization features that add depth and personality to your soldier will not be included in the Multiplayer Beta.
- Esports – Ranked Play, Game Battles, and our suite of competitive features will be accessible when we release in November.
- Additional content not in the Private Multiplayer Beta includes: full progression, remaining maps and modes, additional War Mode maps, and the full armory of weapons, scorestreaks, Basic Training, and equipment.
The Sledgehammer team will also be Cologne, Germany at Gamescom where they will be revealing even more info on August 22nd at 10 am PT, during a livestream.