Bungie revealed some of the rewards players could earn during Destiny 2’s season 2. The season are of no surprise, as they were discussed at Twitcon. They will change how players experience the game during this year.
Bungie only gave us a peek at only armor pieces from season 2, but it’s better than nothing. Two different styles of gauntlets for the Warlock, Hunter, and Titan:
Bungie also gave a peek at some future updates. Christopher Barrett, Destiny 2’s Game Director, made a rather important statement regarding updates they are currently working on:
“CB: Hey, everyone. We’ve been playing the game in the wild for seven weeks, and like the Destiny experiences that have come before, we’re always thinking about where the game is heading next. We’re still planning when a bunch of the improvements listed below are going to make their way into the game, but we wanted to let you know what we’re up to.”
Below is the short list of updates:
- New systems and rewards to give our most engaged players additional, optional pursuits.
- Better incentives for players who complete challenging Prestige activities.
- Better rewards and replay value for strikes, adventures, and Lost Sectors.
- Private matches for the competitive community (we are targeting early 2018).
- Crucible tuning like adjusted Supremacy scoring and better spawning rules.
- Better incentives for completing Crucible matches (and penalties for quitting competitive games).
- Continued improvements to Iron Banner and Faction Rallies, including uniqueness of rewards.
- Changes to make the mod economy more interesting and impactful.
- Ongoing improvements to Exotics, including adjustments to reduce instances of duplication.
- New ways to spend surplus currency and materials (looking at you Legendary Shards).
- An emote interface that allows players to equip Salty, Spicy Ramen, Six Shooter, and Flip Out all at the same time.