Two, much needed, planned updates are heading to Destiny 2 over the next month. Bungie hopes these downloads will be worth, “putting on your calendar.” They also gave a preview of what to expect, releasing the first update in the middle of this month and the last at the end.
A few weapons will be getting buffed in these updates, all for PvE only, including Scout Rifles, Fusion Rifles and Sword Damage. It also improves odds of receiving a Forsaken Exotic drop from Exotic Rewards, while reducing the number of duplicates.
Aside the general title updates, on October 16th, Festival of the Lost will begin. It includes a costume party and a quest to o solve a murder. More will be revealed next week:
- Added the ability to hover over Lost Sectors to see their name once a player has looted them
- Players can now track up to three pursuits
- Added Through Fire and Flood, Zenobia D, and Crooked Fang-4fr to the world Legendary pool— Edge Transit will have some company
- Increasing Scout Rifle damage in PvE and against non-player enemies in Gambit
- Fixed a bug where Prime Engrams were going straight to the Postmaster at the end of Crucible matches; they will now show alongside other end-of-match rewards
- Added transmat effects to Collections, under the Flair category
- Tracking for acquired transmat effects began with the launch of Forsaken on September 4; transmat effects gained (inventory or Postmaster), used, or dismantled after that date will be unlocked in Collections
- Transmat effects are unlocked when added to player inventory, NOT when you gain ships that have them pre-socketed
- We have identified a very rare issue where the Gambit invasion portal will not reactivate once used, and we are currently developing a fix
- We are developing a fix for an issue where One Thousand Voices may cause loud screeching audio when fired while strafing or jumping
Destiny 2 Update 2.0.5, tentatively scheduled for October 30, 2018. Please note, the changes listed below are currently in development. These could change, be impacted by delays, or cut if issues are found.
- Rebalancing functionality of Distribution/Dynamo perks, requiring players to be near opponents for Super energy benefits
- Slightly increasing Sword damage in PvE to address player feedback
- Slightly increasing Fusion Rifle damage in PvE
- Increasing viability of Malfeasance in PvE and Gambit activities
- Adjusting visibility of the Titan’s Banner Shield, making it easier for players to see through the effects
- Adjusting Exotic rewards to help reduce the number of duplicate drops
- Players may still receive duplicates, but there will be better chances for Forsaken exotics when receiving Exotic rewards
- The chance for a Nightfall Unique Reward to drop will increase each time a Nightfall is completed without a unique drop
- Adding Masterwork Cores as rewards for specific Spider “Wanted” bounties and general Scrapper bounties
- Reducing the time for single-shader deletion from your inventory
- We are developing a fix for an issues where a team will defeat the Ascendant Primeval Servitor, but the opposing team receives credit for the kill
You can read more about further plans Bungie has planned in their blog post.