Another week has passed which means another hotfix has arrived to Borderlands 3. The hotfix addresses several reported concerns, makes a few adjustments to Mayhem Mode and activates a new mini event.
Gearbox recently updated Mayhem Mode, but had to temporarily remove the Boundary Issues and Drone Ranger modifiers because they are “resource intensive.” These modifiers were not enabled in this hotfix.
The Loot the Universe mini-event has moved to planet Promethea until May 7th. For those who don’t know, Loot the Universe increases the chance of specific types of Legendary items in one zone of the planet that currently has the event. Affected zones have their own dedicated weapon type (Pistol, Shotgun, SMG, Assault Rifle, Sniper Rifle, or Heavy) and may also have increased chances for Legendary gear types (Class Mods, Artifacts, Shields, or Grenade Mods).
You can see the full list of changes below:
Borderlands 3 Hotfix Notes
- Adjusted the drop rate for Legendary items in Mayhem Mode
- Adjusted the drop rates for Anointed gear in Mayhem Mode
- Activated the Loot the Universe event on Promethea
- Lowered the O.P.Q System’s secondary rate of fire to prevent stability concerns due to the Gunner’s ability to spawn an excessive number of drones
- Addressed a reported concern that Badass Enemies in the Guns, Love, and Tentacles DLC were sometimes only dropping common and rare items
- Addressed a reported progression blocker that could sometimes occur when enemies would fail to spawn during “Protect the Nibblenomicon”
- Addressed a reported concern that The Amourettes would stand up and float when being defeated with the “Dominate” status effect during “The Horror in the Woods”
- Addressed a reported stuck spot behind the wooden wall during the “The Shadow of Cursehaven”
- Addressed a reported stuck spot on the pipes during “The Nibblenomicon”
- Addressed a reported stuck spot on the right of the Amourette camp wall during “The Horror in the Woods”
- Reduced the time between Moxxtails donations on the ECHOcast from 60 seconds to 30 seconds