Studio Wildcard’s Ark Survival Evolved has been a run away success since being available in early access on the PC with Xbox and eventually Playstation following. It has not been smooth sailing for both the players and the development team of ark, with countless bugs, Lag, data loss and cheaters running wild.
Overtime time the game seems to have improved on a technical side with patches fixing bugs and disabling some cheats on official servers. New content and Dinos are constantly added to Ark keeping the experience fresh, that’s not the problem. Wildcard “Nerfed” All flying mounts, in a very extreme fashion. Players all over the community are outraged, some making their voices heard to devs, some just leaving Ark all together.
- A long time in the making, air combat is now being brought in-line with overall nerfs to things such as health, weight, speed, and stamina.
- Stamina: across the board 50% decrease to base stamina (not including moth) and per-level stamina increase amount.
- Increased stamina recovery time for flyers.
- Don’t allow the recovery stamina in the air if creature is being ridden or if a player is standing on it.
- No speed upgrade. This clears the existing level-up speed stats and gives the points back to you to spend elsewhere.
- Made passenger carrying weight scaling 1.0 for flyers.
- Increased wyvern elemental stamina cost.
- Riding speed of flyers decreased by 10–30%.
- Decreased quetz per-level hp.
- Added a 3 second cooldown to Ptera barrel roll.
That is a pretty big hit. All hope is not lost. Some Wildcard team members seem to mirror the communities feelings about the flyer nerfs.
She wasn’t the only one to share with the community,
It definitely looks like we are being heard, I hope that’s the case. These changes make transporting material much more difficult. Raising wyverns is also far more difficult as you wont be able to out run a wyvern when you steal its egg or to kite it for milk. These are game breaking mechanics and need to be changed. Most of these changes seem PVP oriented and in my Opinion have a negative effect on PVE players. The balance tables need to be separate. All I can do is hope they also feel the same way. This latest patch has not been released on the console versions of ark yet and there is no ETA given for release. In light of all the negative feed back I hope to see this nerf heavily revised by console release.