Today during EAPlay, Mass Effect and Dragon Age developer Bioware showed off some more of their upcoming SciFi Co-op/RPG Anthem. Coming February 22nd 2019, Anthem is a online co-op multiplayer RPG set in an open word that can be played solo or online with up to 4 players. Players take on the role of a Freelancer. A Freelancers are people who go outside the walls of Fort Tarsis to help safeguard humanity and explore. Freelancers use exo suits called Javelins to protect and aid them while out in the world.
There are 4 types of Javelin
- Ranger – a versatile, all-purpose Javelin suitable for various tasks.
- Colossus – a tanking powerhouse lending itself to strength-oriented close combat.
- Interceptor – the speediest of the four Javelins.
- Storm – a caster-type Javelin.
Each of the Javelin suits can be customized so they can look and preform how you want them to. Anthem will not feature loot boxes. Cosmetics can be bought directly so you will always know what you’re buying, no randomness.
You can check out the Javelins in action in the game play from today’s EAPlay E3 showcase in the video embedded below.
Anthem will be available February 22nd 2019 for the Playstation 4, Xbox One and PC but can be pre-ordered now. There are 2 different editions of Anthem, The Standard Edition and The Legion Of Dawn Edition.
Standard Edition ($60 USD)
If you pre-order the Standard Edition from any retailer you will get the following
- VIP demo access
- In-game Founder’s banner
- A legendary weapon
- Legion of Dawn Ranger Javelin armor
Legion Of Dawn Edition ($80 USD)
If you pre-order the Legion Of Dawn Edition from any retailer you will get the following
- Standard edition pre-order content.
- A Ranger Javelin gear attachment
- Digital soundtrack
- Full Legion of Dawn armor set for all Javelins